Friday, February 10, 2017

My Quilt for My Sisters, for Fusion Challenge!

 
 
Hello Family, Friends, and Stampers!
 
Today's card just gave me 'warm fuzzies'!
 
I have Three Sisters who Quilt!
Alas, I did not inherit the sewing bug...I rather despise it!
But, I can appreciate the time and effort that goes into making
a quilt, as I have seen done, by my Sisters. Gosh, they all
do beautiful work! I love looking at what they have made, it
is just amazing to me how it is done...but not enough for me
to pick it up...it involves sewing! I mean, if I have to mend something, I will, but I prefer to be artsy with my Card making!
 
 
Today's Challenge is an 'Either Or' or 'Both' kind of Challenge!
 
 
Here is the Challenge!
 
 
 
I Chose to copy the Quilt on the right!
 
 
 
 
Here is my Card!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Here is the inside, I chose to leave it blank.
It will leave me room to write. I made 3 of these cards.
Every year we Sisters make it a point to get together, usually in October.
I will be giving each of them one of these cards.
This is about as close as I am going to get to making a Quilt!
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
Here is my Card with a stamped to match envelope!
I made the flap of the envelope to look like the 'Quilt'!
 

 
 
 
 
 
Here is a 'close-up of the envelope flap!

 
 
 
 
The 'Card Front' again!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Here are the Stock and Measures:
 
 
Stampin'Up! Items Used:
 
Stampin'Up! Cardstock:
'Cherry Cobbler'-card base, 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" scored at 4 1/4" and folded
on the score line.
'Cherry Cobbler'- mat under top panel, 3 1/8" x  4 1/4"
'Cherry Cobbler'-strip on the inside 1/2" x 5 1/2"
'Very Vanilla'-stamped bottom panel, 4" x 5 1/4"
'Very Vanilla'-top panel, 3" x 4 1/8"
 
 
Classic Stampin' Ink:
'Real Red'-border and hearts, top and bottom panels, and little flowers on the 'open hearts'
'Old Olive'-leaves on top panel and bottom panels, sponging
 'Melon Mambo'- little flowers on the 'open hearts'
 
Stampin'Up! Stamp Sets:
'Sealed With Love'-border, bottom panel and envelope flap
'Thoughtful Branches'-leaves around the 'open hearts'
and above hearts on bottom panel, on envelope flap
'Oh So Succulent'-little flowers on the 'open hearts'
'Tin of Cards'-the little red hearts on the border, bottom panel and
the envelope flap
'Paper Pumpkin' (January Kit)-'open heart' from the little
stamp set from the Kit
 
Other Stampin'Up! items used:
'Petal Burst'-Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (TIEF)- used after all the stamping done! To make the panels look like they were quilted! Did the same to the envelope flap!
'Stampin' Dimensionals'-to pop up the top panel
'Medium Size Envelope'-'Very Vanilla'
 
 
I really like how it turned out!
 So much prettier in person!
 
 
 
I believe they will like their cards!



As a side note...
Still having some glitches in my Computer.
We were given a new Router, but my computer
 connection is still giving me a problem.
Working on it!
 
 
 
Here is your 'C' note!
 
 
(Thank you!)
 
 
 
Until the next Post...Blessings and Warm Weather Wishes!

 
 


8 comments:

Becca Cruger said...

Well if this isn't the perfect interpretation of that inspiration image, I don't know what is! Absolutely gorgeous and I'm sure your sisters will love it! Thank you so much for linking up to Fusion!

Jeanie Stark said...

Cheryl, I absolutely love your card and your story! This is the perfect card for your "quilting sisters". I have a friend who loves to quilt and sew and I would love to CASE your card to give to her! Thanks for sharing.

Cris G said...

How fun and beautiful is this card? I thought I was having double vision :)... it's just fantastic how you manage to make such a perfect take on the photo and an also perfect paper quilting! I'm sure your sisters will be delighted.
I love sewing, and I'm about to make my very first quilt... all squares, just because squares are beautiful :D.

Michelle said...

Wow! What a fabulous take on the inspiration! Your sisters are very lucky to have an amazing cardmaker sister to give them these beauties. :-) Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

Nancy Farrell said...

Hi Cheryl, I had to come over and comment on this card. I just came from Mary Fish's Sunday Parade! This was my favorite card. I don't like to comment over there because I don't want to make anyone feel bad. I see you used a lot of supplies on this card and I think it is wonderful, how you pulled it all together. I am not a quilter, but a sewer and you made this card look as special as those quilts are. I just love it so much.
Happy Sunday.
:)

Cheryl said...

Thank you Nancy...I am honored by your comment of my Card! I was a 'labor of love'. Knowing where they are going, kind of made it special! You are kind...Thank you again!

Cheryl said...

Becca, Jeanie, Cris and Michelle...Blessings to you all for your appreciative comments! Blessings to you ALL too!

Gloria Sperring said...

I really love this card! Sometimes when I'm feeling blue, I like to send love cards out. I think if I make someone else smile or feel better, it makes me feel better too!